This pass is for the On Demand: Fundamentals of Teaching Mindfulness Meditation workshop. This 150 minute workshop for mindfulness informed professionals guides participants in a better understanding of mindfulness meditation and begins to explore the basics of teaching it from a trauma-aware and inclusive perspective. Offered by trained and certified, trauma informed mindfulness teachers, this workshop is appropriate for anyone who offers or wishes to offer the attitudes and practices of mindfulness in their work with others.
- Understand the fundamentals of mindfulness meditation and what makes it different from other forms of meditation and contemplative practices
- Explore the research based benefits of mindfulness meditation to health and wellbeing
- Learn strategies for teaching mindfulness meditation in a trauma-aware and inclusive manner
- Angela Caruso-Yahne, CCISM, CTSS is a Certified Trauma Services Specialist through the Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists and certified in Critical Incident Stress Management by the University of Maryland at Baltimore County and the International Critical Incident Stress Management Foundation, and an ordained chaplain through Upaya Zen Center. She frequently presents programs on mindfulness, wellness, and resiliency throughout the Johnson County first responder community and to emergency management volunteers.
- Tracy Ochester, PsyD is a clinical psychologist and the Heart-Mind Coordinator for the Midwest Alliance for Mindfulness. She is a Certified Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Teacher and UCSD MBPTI approved Mentor, Registered Yoga Teacher, trained Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention teacher, and has received training in Mindful Self-Compassion, Compassion Cultivation Training, Engaged Mindfulness, and Nonviolent Communication.
Once you purchase your pass, you will be granted access to your video within 24
hours through the content library tab (see photo below). Access to your video expires one year from the purchase date.