Inside Out: A Body Awareness Workshop
September 18, 2018 October 9, 2018
Series Of Classes
Total # of Classes
Midwest Alliance for Mindfulness 11100 Ash Street Suite 103 Leawood, KS 66211
Registration is now closed for this class.
This important group health-based educational and supportive workshop will explore key information regarding your stress response, body awareness, nervous system, and brain-based sensory skills.
Somatic (body-based) wisdom is critical to developing greater awareness, health and control over how toxic stress tends to chronically reside in your body and mind. The lack of awareness of how your body holds and maintains stressors and negative thoughts can keep you and your nervous system trapped within various health problems, anxiety and bodily symptoms. Many of these unhealthy symptoms often originate or become worse from the inability to effectively manage certain stressors. Consequently, many people can experience ongoing stress lodged in their bodies and nervous systems with symptoms such as: chronic pain/aches, low immune system, higher blood pressure, chronic fatigue, sleep problems, over-eating/under-eating, dietary issues, digestive issues, contracted muscles, contracted postures, headaches, many colds/flu, negative thinking, constant worrying, anxiety and states of feeling overwhelmed.
The body is the grand container of all human experiences and your nervous system is finely tuned to support every bodily function as well as your reactions to stressors. It is very important to understand how you can use key somatic knowledge, skills and practices to enhance your potential to take control of your bodily-sensory responses to stressors through nervous system awareness. By bring mindfulness to your body, you can also experience the opportunity to increase your energy, sense of greater self-control, reduce discomfort, worry less and finally have useful tools to self-manage and self-soothe your day-to-day stress in the moment. Fine-tuning your nervous system can fine tune and improve your “inside-out health.
During these four 90-minute sessions you will gain:
- Greater understanding of the:
- realities and true impact of chronic stress on the mind and body
- symptoms and signs of chronic stress and their relationship to mental-emotional activity
- workings of the autonomic nervous system and how to fine tune and manage it
- benefits of practicing skills of mindful body awareness and connection
- Brain based skills, sensory practices and simple mindful movements for:
- tuning into the language of the body to discover health and wise choice-making
- mindfully calming the nervous system in the moment
- creating cues within your day-to-day life to practice skills naturally
- Support from your group members and the instructor
- Instruction in how to develop greater self-control, impulse control, mental control, and inner calmness when stress arises for personal empowerment
The class takes place on...
September 18 at 7:30 pm (Tue)
September 25 at 7:30 pm (Tue)
October 2 at 7:30 pm (Tue)
October 9 at 7:30 pm (Tue)
This class series has already started. Please contact us directly to register.